BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 18 December 2011

reflection ~recruitment and selection

Firstly I learn about the recruitment and selection, I feel I enjoy learning about this. This is because; the topic is my group member presentation. In this subject, as what I know the recruitment function is to identify, attract, and hire the most qualified people. In other word, this task has become quite challenging because there is a growing competition for talent in the labor market. The recruitment has a E-Recruitment system.  E-Recruitment system means is online job application and processing system for employers to advertise their job opening and for candidates to submit their application via the internet.

This time I learn this subject, I learn more detail to use the system of that company especially in the Job Street system, I learn about the each of the component and subcomponent in it. Recruitment objectives include cost filling a job opening, speed of filling a job company, employee satisfaction, quality of applicants and other.  I learn this topic more to the print screen job street system. This is because, I cannot assess the system because the system have an own password. So I learn about it just referring to the print screen.
                The impact of online recruitment on recruitment objectives is:
  1. Cost of filling the job opening
  2. Speed of filling job vacancies
  3.  Employee satisfaction, retention rates.
  4. Quality, quantity, and diversity of applicants
As I can get about the topic is I know the organizations have always used social relationships and networking, including employee referrals, to attract talent. Increasingly, social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn are gaining in use and popularity and now provide a unique method of allowing recruitment professionals.

Besides that, what I learn about selection and technology, the section focuses on assessments of individual employees and candidates, which are at the heart of the evaluation process that enable organizations to manage their talent. This is because, the selection provide data that are used for making organizational decisions. 

0 comments: